Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Drawing with Children, Nature-Style

This weekend has been busy, busy preparing for the start of Drawing with Children, Nature-Style ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!  Click here to read about it.

I opened a Drawing with Children-Nature Style Flickr Account where you can upload drawings, pictures from the week or anything else you want to share with the group.  Click here to join.

I made some blank squares for the warm-ups in Lesson 1 for you to print off.  Two are at Scibd and the other is at Flickr. In case you are wondering why they are not all at Scribd, I could not figure out how to load a JPEG onto Scribd, only into Flickr.  I am not even sure if you can print from Flickr, but it is worth the try.  I am trying to save you some time.

Here is what I  bought for our markers; a set of Prismacolor primary markers and these additional Prismacolor markers as suggested by the book:
  • a set of primary and secondary colors
  • deco blue
  • indigo blue
  • dark olive green
  • dark green
  • 3 more blacks (we have 4.5 artists-to-be)

Since the Prismacolor markers bleed through, I bought a poster board and cut it into four pieces, for us to draw on.


We also completed our Level tests to see what everyone is on.  Believe it or not, all three of my children are on level 2 and I am level 3.  My kids range in age from 6-13, but the 6 year old is advanced and the 13 year old has some LDs.  I am sure little guy will be hovering around the whole time, but I am not up for officially teaching a 3 year old how to draw. 





Is enthusiasim building in your home to start our drawing journey?  What do you look the most forward to during our time together?  Remember, this is go at your own pace, and the posts are just to keep us accountable and plugging along.  They will also be a great place to cheer each other on. Remember, this is a great plan for teaching drawing to anyone of any age, and I can't wait to dive in myself.  In a few weeks, I will tell you about another great book I am learning from, too.



Heather

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment. Bri grabbed the book as soon as it came in the mail and started drooling. Starting on Fri after speech contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited to get started this week. I also tried to grab your graphic for my blog, but it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised that the graphic did not work. I am having graphic issues! There is one that works with an html code over on www.birders4life.blogspot.com. I don't know why I can't get it to work over here:/ Can't wait to meet you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been using this same book. It is a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,

    I recently found you blog through Harmony Art Mom...we've had DWC on our shelf for going on 4 years, without using it. I would really like to join you, as we're trying to instill the habit of Nature Study and Art. I hope to read through the intro of DWC this weekend, and join you next Wednesday (I hope...doesn't always work that way with SE7EN kiddos:).

    Have a nice weekend!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kathi- Jump in at anytime or day of the week. We would be glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not quite through the introduction pages of the book, so I'll skip ahead and find this worksheet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do I link up? http://pebblekeeper.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/drawing-with-children/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to interact with comments! Register with blogger so you can leave some comment love today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails